SAT or Scholastic Aptitude Test is a standardized test used for College Admissions in the United States of America. The test was developed to assess how much a student is ready to study in the world’s best college right after crossing the school boundaries. The exam majorly determines the knowledge of the students up to the high school level to help them gain an opportunity to pursue their under graduation from the best institutes. If you are aiming big and you want to make a difference then you have to start SAT exam prep courses right from the last year of your high school.
The cost of under graduation courses in these top institutes are an unimaginable dream for many. However, if you have an excellent score in SAT, you will get through the best colleges with the maximum amount of scholarship. To fulfil your dream, you need to individually score well in the four sections of SAT – Reading, Writing and Language, Math (without a calculator), Math (with a calculator).
The SAT exam is usually of 3 hours; however, if you decide to opt for an optional essay then the total time required will be 3 hours and 50 minutes. The total score ranges from 200-800, giving a possibility to score maximum 1600. The result consists of two sections: Evidence-based reading and writing and Math.
You can prepare for SAT on your own by studying at home but you do know with your class XII board exam things will get very difficult. So, it is better to seek expert advice and opinion and train from the best. There are various institutes who provide coaching for SAT courses. Look for SAT exam preparation institute around your location and get admitted to the one you think will suit your purpose best.
Why are SAT coaching institutes important?
- These coaching institutes will give you an idea regarding the timings of the SAT exam all-round the year and based on your preparation, they will let you know when will be the ideal time for appearing for the exam.
- You will be provided with two faculty members to mentor your maths and English coursework.
- You will be attending classes with fellow SAT aspirants and through practice drills and workshops, you will learn to brainstorm and learn better.
- The periodic mock assessments will give you an idea of the original SAT exam and will help you to master the trick of time management. With continuous practice, you will gain confidence and learn to answer within the specified time limit.
- For the section of Maths with a calculator, you need to know how to operate the online screen calculator. These institutes will help you to learn the administration of online tools at the coaching classes so that no extra time gets wasted in the final exam.
- The institutions also provide courses which are of a different time period. You can choose the ideal course for yourself based on your free timings as you will have to complete the assigned homework before appearing for the next class.
With all these professional pieces of training from the coaching institutes, you are destined to score well in SAT if you remain optimistic and hardworking.